Thursday, August 6, 2015

I am officially OLD...... fashioned

Something just happened that made me realised I am actually very "old fashioned" when it comes to matters of the "girl-boy" relationship... I have always thought I was just conservative and somewhat bound by the rules set by my parents...but it seems I am wrong.

Picture this scenario... you just recently started dating this guy for about 2 months or so... prior to that there was a lot of phone conversations but not many actual one-on-one dates. In this context, would you:

1. Go on a weekend getaway with him?
2. Stayover at his place for no specific need (since you live in the same city)?

I think many of you would actually answer "Yes, why not?"

Now this is the point when I realised I am truly very old fashioned in my thinking... putting aside the fact that my parents forbid both scenarios above and although at times I have argued over these rules simply from the perspective that they need to trust me and trust that I wouldn't do anything that is beyond the boundaries set. Of course they have always argued that it isn't me they don't trust it is the guy I am dating... but I digress...

Anyways... what I realised is that I personally wouldn't agree to both the context above so early into a relationship. Perhaps when the relationship is more mature,I wouldn't mind but for a 2-month old relationship I find that doing so is somewhat "cheap" for lack of a better word. I know it isn't fair for me to say that. After all you are already in the relationship and possibly nothing happened during those nights together... but I somehow still feel uncomfortable... Maybe I am just not a random sleepover kinda person or perhaps my mum has drummed it into me for so long and so often that it has changed my perspective on this matter.

So the conclusion to this all.... I am really really old fashioned. Haha!
*and my mum and trained me well* ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment